- The parent(s) and / or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below martial arts activities or events, he / she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he / she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials / instructors / staff of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agree that, if at any time, I feel anything to be unsafe; I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and refuse to participate further.
- I/We fully understand and acknowledge that:
- There are risks and dangers associated with participating in any martial arts training / events / program and could result in bodily injury / total disability / paralysis or death.
- The social and economic losses / damages, which could result from the risk and dangers described above, could be severe.
- These risks and dangers may be caused by the action / inaction or negligence of the participant or the action / inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the releasees named below.
- There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- Photos taken of members / students and others at events, tournaments, outings, dojo activities or other activities, may be used for social media and advertising or promotion of the club or dojo and the participants, parent(s) and / or legal guardian(s) do give permission for said use of the photos, videos and any renderings.
- I / We accept and assume such risk and responsibility for losses / damages following such injury / disability / paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or part by negligence of the releasees named below.
- I / We hereby release, waiver, discharge and covenant to the greatest extent permitted by law not to sue Shimeru Judo & Jiu Jitsu Club, its Jiu Jitsu and Judo training programs, Jiu Jitsu and Judo events, the martial arts facility used by the participant, including its owners, managers, instructors, staff and their heirs, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the martial arts events / programs, instructions, recommendations, directions or instructions to engage in risk evaluations or loss control activities regarding the martial arts facility or events held at such facility and each of, their directors, officers, agents, employees, instructors, staff and their heirs, all for the purpose herein referred to as "releasees", from all liability to the undersigned, my / our personal representatives assigned, executors, heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages and any claims or demands therefore on account of any injury, including but not limited to the death of the participant or the damage to property, arising out of or relating to the event(s) caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
- I / We hereby acknowledge that the activities of the event(s) are very dangerous and involve the risks of serious injury and / or death / or property damage. Each of the undersigned also expressly acknowledges that injuries received may be compounded or increased by negligent rescue operations or procedures of the releasee.
- Each of the undersigned further expressly agree that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall not withstanding continue to in full legal force and effect.
- On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned, parent(s) or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this waiver and release. I / We despite the release, the participant makes a claim against any of the releasees, the parent(s) and / or the legal guardian(s) will reimburse the releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant of on his / her behalf, and hold them harmless.
I / We have read the release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement. I / We fully understand its terms and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it. I / We have signed it freely and voluntarily without any inducements assurances or guarantees. I / We are legally competent to understand and complete this agreement. I / We hereby execute this agreement and release all liability to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Shimeru Judo & Jiu Jitsu Club
17600 Collier Ave., Suite D-129, Lake Elsinore 92530 // (951) 400-5456